Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Festivities




The past week has been so busy! We had several parties and Halloween celebrations. The real fun began on Wednesday at Karla's dance class. They were allowed to wear their costumes to their class and then at the end of the class they were going to "perform" for the parents. I have only seen her dance once since she started this new class so I was really excited. She did the "Monster Mash" and was of course very cute!

We have been planning for weeks that Karla would be Princess Jasmine for Halloween. She has also wanted a Jasmine birthday party for months. But when we found out she was allowed to wear her costume to dance, she said she wanted to be Belle because the costume was easier to dance in. It was fine with me since we already had a Belle "costume" that she has for dress-up.

Waving to me when I came into the classroom:

Waiting in line:


The next day we drove to Ohio to trick-or-treat with the cousins. I knew Karla would enjoy trick-or-treating with other kids! Last year she t-o-t (yes, I just made up that abbreviation) in our neighborhood with 6 adults. :) I teared up when she started t-o-t with the girls because she would run with them to the front doors and back down the driveways and then she shouted "I'm having so much fun, Mommy!" For some reason seeing her with other little girls I love "gets me" every time! And I love seeing her so happy! It was neat to see how she is more brave this year and would actually say "t-o-t" loud enough to be heard and "thank you." She even liked the fact that I stayed on the street with her aunt, uncle, and grandparents. :) Tio Eric did pull Karla and Audra from house to house in a wagon...we t-o-t'd for a long time! I was glad he had the wagon!



Saturday was our neighborhood Halloween parade and party. We had a good time visiting with neighbors and eating lots of good food.


Sunday was trick-or-treating in our neighborhood! This year it was Karla, Grammy, Pap-Pap, Mommy and Daddy. Karla, I mean Princess Jasmine, was brave again...but not quite as outgoing as earlier this week without other kids to keep up with. :)

Karla really is a very sweet girl. Tonight, at one of the first houses we went to they had big candy bars...and I knew which one Karla was going to pick. Butterfinger - because it is my favorite. Sure enough she did. I didn't say anything about it but thought it was cute. Then later, when she was all done t-o-t and we came inside she said she wanted to dump her candy out on the family room floor because that is what Mommy did when she was little. (Karla is always asking me and Jason to tell her about stories of things we did when we were little. I wish I could remember more! But one thing I told her about is how I dumped my candy out on the floor in the family room along with my brother and sister and how we'd pick some things out to eat, etc.) After she dumped all of her candy out and looked at a couple things she got the big Butterfinger bar and gave it to me. She said it was for me! I hadn't really thought she would give it to me...I thought SHE would eat it. How many kids give their mom their favorite candy before eating any of their own!?!? I don't think I did that when I was little. :) She does nice things like this quite often. I feel so lucky to have such a loving girl.

I think this month is going to fly by! We've got Karla's birthday celebration(s) and Thanksgiving. Karla is also starting a new gym class that goes for 6 weeks at the Y. It'll be Christmas before you know it!!

Another important date is this coming Friday...look for another post then...or the day or two after. :) Anyone know what we celebrate then!?!?

No comments: