Last weekend we had 3 of Karla's cousins come to stay for two nights. We all had a great time! Friday night we played at home and then watched a movie and ate popcorn. Saturday morning we made "snails" for breakfast....a tradition when they spend the night at my house. Then we went to the zoo. I hadn't thought about it being "Boo at the Zoo" weekend.... Traffic was awful and the zoo was packed! We finally made it into the zoo and thankfully all the girls had fun and enjoyed seeing the animals. I felt bad I didn't know it was Boo at the Zoo and didn't have the girls dress up. Shayla, the oldest, said "That is okay Aunt Jennifer, it is just fun to see all the kids in their costumes." :) I was really impressed with how polite and well-mannered those 3 little girls were the entire weekend! :) We went to CiCi's for pizza after the zoo and didn't get home till about 7pm! Whew!
I was going to have all the girls go to church with us but Sunday morning they were all playing so nicely in their PJs that I decided we'd stay home. It was odd because no one was asking me to entertain or play with them. I almost didn't know what to do...but the pile of dishes called to me. :) I got to listen to Audra and Karla playing Barbie's and singing and Shayla and Angelina coloring, joking and laughing with each other. It really was all music to my ears!!
It was the first time Karla had a "sleepover" in her room with a friend. She LOVED that part! Luckily the girls were so tired at night they went right to sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment