At the beginning of the summer I was going to take Karla to swim at the Y one evening because Jason had an evening meeting. We got to the Y just in time for thunder and lightning to start. They don't let you swim in the indoor pool if there is lightning outside. We were both really disappointed because we had been talking about it and looking forward to it for a few days. I tried to think of something else we could do that would be fun. I decided to take her to Dairy Queen. She'd never been there before!! I decided it was time. We both got a blizzard - I thought she should try one. :) It was really cold in the restaurant so she asked if she could sit on my lap so I could help keep her warm. I was having such a nice time because we were just sitting there talking, eating and she was letting me hold her close. We were watching the storm outside. I remember thinking it was one of those moments I want to remember forever. Then it got even better. :) Several kids came in from a baseball game or something and Karla was very interested in them. She was really watching them. Once they got their ice cream a few kids sat down at a booth. As we were watching a mom came over to the booth and was going to sit down. The kids said "No! this is just for us kids." So the kids wanted the parents to sit at a different booth. Karla looked up at me with a confused face and said "Why didn't they want them Mommy to sit with them?" It was like she just couldn't understand why a kid would not want to sit with their mom. It was so sweet! I tried my best to briefly explain. Then she hugged me and said she liked sitting with me. It made my whole day. I've thought of it many times since then too.
Here is a funny story from the other day:
Karla pretended to take a picture of Oso and me with her "phone" (an old cell phone). She clicked the picture then said "Awwwww. I'm going to put this on phonebook!" I laughed and said you mean "facebook?" She said "yes, that's what I meant!" :) I thought it was funny because I don't have the phone capabilities to upload pictures on my phone to facebook..... Daddy must be taking some pictures of her too. :) Either that or Jason and I talk about facebook too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment