Thursday, September 9, 2010

Summer Review Part 2



***Saturday night Jason and I got to go to a wedding. Karla stayed home with Grammy, Pap-Pap and Tio Kevin. For some reason she really wanted her picture taken with Daddy in his suit. I'm not sure if it is because we had taken it to the cleaners so she felt partly responsible for his nice suit or what. So here they are:

Of course I wanted it to be a family photo opportunity so I jumped in too.


***We've started something we call "table time." I decided we needed to try to have a structured time on most days where we could work on preschool type skills. I thought it would be a challenge to get Karla to sit down with me to work on things but surprisingly it hasn't been and if I forget to do it on some days she will remind me!

***A few weekends ago we went with my parents and brother and his family on our "annual boating trip". Grandma and Grandpa rent a pontoon boat and get out their jet-ski and we spend the day out on the lake. It is always lots of fun! I didn't do the tubing this year because of my wrists but Karla and Daddy did!


Last year Karla really didn't have any fear (that I recall) but this year she was a little more hesitant. She didn't want to fall in the water off the tube...which of course is inevitable. She loves the jet-ski and was happy to get on it whenever it was her turn. She had one of the first turns this year because last year when her turn came...the jet-ski quit working. So she didn't get to ride it...and yes, she remembered that. So, she hopped on with Grandma and Grandpa and away she went! How many kids get to do that with their grandparents!?!?


I love this girl...


***The past 2-3 weeks of August were not pleasant for our little asthma sufferer. Nothing major happened...didn't even have to go to the doctor but did have to increase her nebulizer meds for a while and give the treatments more often. There were a few days when I felt like all we were doing were breathing treatments. She's still on slightly increased doses but breathing much easier!


***I have been wanting to take Karla to Moraine State Park to the beach all summer. We finally went last week with our friends Dama and Elizabeth. Karla likes the sand! I can't wait to take her to a "real" beach someday!!

No comments: