Thursday, September 16, 2010

Am I Big Enough?

We decided to have Karla try the 4-5 year old Sunday School class at church even though she won't be 4 for 2 more months. We talked to her about it and told her she'd be in a different class and have different teachers. She'd been in the same class for the past almost 2 years so she was pretty comfortable there. We talked about it a lot on Saturday so she'd be prepared and hopefully not nervous on Sunday. Saturday night she said "Am I going to be big enough to go to the new Sunday School class?" I guess she'd heard us talk about it enough to know that she was going to it even though she wasn't 4 yet. I told her that yes, she would be big enough. Then Sunday morning when she woke up I went into her room. She was just laying in bed looking at me. She said "Mommy, you said I was going to be so much taller." It took me a minute to get it. She thought "being big enough" for the Sunday School class meant she was going to grow....over night! I wanted to laugh but didn't because I could tell she was truly disappointed she didn't seem to be any taller. For some reason she is always wanting to be taller, taller, taller. I remember being the same way when I was little so many that is just how kids are. Anyway, I tried to explain to her what I had meant by "big enough."

She definitely is taller though because I tried to put a long-sleeve shirt and pants on her that she wore only a few months ago, before summer, and both were too short and tight! I couldn't believe it!

She went into her new class a little slowly...had to give me a big hug and kiss before I could leave (which is FINE with me!) and then she was totally fine. I am so proud of my "big" girl. :)

No comments: