Saturday, August 7, 2010

Second Annual Guatafamily Get Together

Tonight we went to a gathering at some friends' house nearby. We've gotten to know the family that hosted the party pretty well through playdates and then Eliana has been in Karla's dance class this summer. All the families had children adopted from Guatemala. There were at least 12 children and many more adults. It was fun to see all the kids playing together. One of the little girls said something about being born in Guatemala and then Karla said, rather incredulously, "I was born in Guatemala too!" It was funny that she seemed surprised especially since we had talked about it before we went. Funny how things start clicking in her mind. I also discovered this week that she thought babies spoke Spanish and then English when they got bigger....since that is what she did. She asks me about this everyday now and I overheard her asking Jason about it this morning too.

I won't post a group picture of the kids since I didn't ask all the parents if that would be okay. :) I'll just post a few pics of Karla and the last picture is of Jason with Eliana in his lap and Karla eating a S'more next to them.




1 comment:

Annie and Greg said...

We had such a good time too! So nice to see you!