Saturday, June 19, 2010

5 days, 4 nights

That is how long I was away from Karla (and Jason) last week! Our first big separation! I got to go to California to see my sister Brenda, Russ, and my new niece Kiera! I posted a link earlier this week to pictures but you may have had trouble getting to them. Here is a link to pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/familym

I was pretty nervous about leaving Karla for the few days before I actually left. The morning I flew out we went to the airport so early that Karla and I weren't really awake enough to be sad about saying good-bye. Karla did a great job staying with her Daddy. I am still very proud of her! They went to the zoo, a museum, putt-putt golfing with another Dad and little friend, Costco (their favorite store I think), among other things. They were busy all the time! I told Jason to blog about all their fun...I'm still waiting. :)

I had a great time! Kiera is such a good little baby. She only cries when she is hungry. I got to spend lots of time holding her and loving on her. I also got to talk a lot to my sister!! :) We haven't had so much uninterrupted time together in way too long!! We did a little sight-seeing in the afternoons and Kiera usually slept right through our little afternoon "adventures." I got to be with her and walk while holding her during her first "walk" on the beach!!! I was excited about it...she just kept on sleeping. I took pics so I can tell her about it someday and show her pics. I also got to babysit her for the first time. (I'm not counting the time my parents watched her while Brenda and Russ ran to the store for a few minutes). :) Brenda and Russ went out to dinner! I got to babysit but did have to end up calling them after just about an hour because Kiera was hungry. Luckily they were just finishing up. Kiera was eating a lot while I was there. The day after I left she went to the doctor and she had grown almost 2 lbs since her birth about 5 weeks ago. Go Kiera! Almost 8 lbs now. :) Oh, I also got to celebrate her 1 month "birthday" with her!

I was excited to get home to see Karla and Jason. When I was walking through the Pittsburgh airport to get my suitcase I could remember so clearly the last time I was there - when we were flying home from Guatemala WITH Karla. I got tears in my eyes going down the escalator where our family and friends were waiting at the bottom to meet Karla for the first time. I have to say I was a tiny bit disappointed that nobody was there waiting for me with signs, balloons, matching t-shirts and cameras! :) Jason did pick me up outside though. It was really late at night so Karla was at home asleep and Pap-pap was waiting for us to get home.

Thanks Bren for a great few days!!

No comments: