Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy Weekend

Saturday morning started with an eye doctor appointment for each of us. It was Karla's first trip to the eye doctor so Jason and I made our check-ups on the same day so she could see us during our exams and then have her exam. We've been talking about it for a week and I thought she was excited. I really thought she wouldn't have any trouble doing whatever needed to be done. Well, Jason went first and then they moved him to a different room. Long story short - she wouldn't do anything unless she was on Daddy's lap. We got him to come back in the room and she did everything they asked her too! I couldn't believe it. Glad he was there though! :) She did the eye test with the E turned various ways. She had to hold up her hand with three fingers out (like an E) in the same way the E on the wall pointed. I, for some reason, didn't expect her to do it or understand it. But she did! Jason and I thought it was so cute to see her sitting there, looking at the Es on the wall and moving her little fingers in the right direction (from Daddy's lap, of course). Her eyes looked healthy so she got a good report!

Next we took a family trip to Chik Fil A. :)

Then Saturday night Karla and Jason went to the Pirates game! It was Karla's first MLB game. I wasn't able to convince Jason to take the camera...but he did send me a few pictures from his phone. One of Karla's friends from church is turning two this month (Happy Birthday Gavin!) and got to have his party in one of the Pirate suites! It sounded like they had a great time...got to meet the Pirate Parrot and everything. I was invited too but needed to do some things for today and, honestly, I really needed and enjoyed some alone time. I do hope Gavin has another birthday party at a game though (hint, hint Jess).

Today Jason and Karla went to church together and then went to Grammy and Pap-Pap's for most of the day. Lots of Karla and Daddy time this weekend! I stayed home and hosted a baby shower for my good friend Julie. I had lots of great helpers and had a fun day! Most importantly, Julie got some great gifts and had a good time. :)

Is it MY bedtime yet? :)

I'll leave you with a picture of Karla. Here she is laying in bed with her baby (Oso) in her "belly" - "just like Tia Brenda."

No comments: