Monday, December 21, 2009

Lots going on

*Two Fridays ago Karla had a check-up with her allergist. She is doing so well that we are going to reduce her asthma medication she receives through the nebulizer. We reduced it in July and had to increase again in August. So we'll see how it goes this time. The doctor was very pleased with her progress and didn't feel he needed to see her for another 5 months...I think we were going every 3 months.

After the doctor's appointment I decided to go to the mall. I think Karla has only been in the mall once or twice - and it wasn't recently. I needed to look for a dress to wear to Jason's company Christmas party. Of course the dinner was the next day so I was feeling pressured to find something. For some reason I was dreading going to the mall and trying on dresses. I guess I thought Karla would be restless and not want to stay in her stroller...and i had to try things on... I decided to take the risk. We had the best time! I talked about the mall on the way to the doctor's office. After we saw her doctor she said "mall, now?" She was excited! We got to the mall and she stayed in her stroller without complaint. It was so funny when we walked out of Macy's into the main part of the mall she said incredulously "This is the mall!??" It was hilarious. Then I tried on dresses. She came in the large dressing room with me and I let her out of her stroller. She "helped" me get clothes off the hangers and twirl around in the dresses. The best part was - and something I'm sure not to forget anytime soon - was when I put on the first dress that did NOT look nice on me, Karla looked at me and put her hands on her cheeks and said "Oh Mommy. You are so beautiful! You look like a princess." I told her right then she'd be coming with me to try on clothes from now on! In the end I did find a dress to wear that I was very happy with, we stayed at the mall much longer than I had planned just looking around and picking up a few gifts. Eventually we had to get lunch because I was hungry. I thought Karla would like her usual chicken nuggets but she was so busy watching everyone in the food court she didn't eat anything! Another highlight of the trip for her was the mall security guard. He was standing near where we were in line to buy food and Karla got all excited and said loudly "Mommy! Police man! He is so nice and helps people!" I felt a bit embarrased and wasn't sure what to do. He came right over to her, squatted down and started having a conversation with her. She talked about the "police man" for the rest of the day.

*Jason and I did go to his company dinner and party. It was awesome...maybe becuase I haven't done many fancy things in a long time. We didn't get home till after 10 and we thought Karla might still be awake. BUT she went to bed perfectly for Grammy and PapPap when they asked her too and was sound asleep when we got home. We were a little jealous. :)

*We hosted a playgroup party here last Tuesday with our friends from church.

*Last week Karla went to a friend's house to stay while I took care of a few things. It was the first time she went stayed somewhere without Jason or myself that wasn't with family. I had been feeling stressed about some things and my friend asked me why I didn't just bring Karla to her house to play with her girls while I got some things done. I couldn't think of a good reason why not. So I took her to Sophia and Ava's house. They are in our small group and we see them often but I still felt a little sad leaving her....but she was already busy playing when I left. Jason picked her up about 2 hours later and he said she chattered the whole way home about all the fun she had had. She got to eat pizza with them and play with their Barbie's...so she was happy...and I was mostly destressed when she and Jason came home. :) Everyone benefited.


I've got more to blog about but need to get some housework done. Every week I say I'm going to keep the house more picked up than I did the previous week...it never works!

Here is a teaser of topics to come.... :)


No comments: