Monday, December 7, 2009

Fun Monday!

Karla and I had a great day together today. I think maybe she wasn't feeling too well last week either because she was so happy and pleasant all day today (we won't count bedtime though). I guess something was working on us both last week!

We went to Karla's last gym class this morning. It was only 6 weeks long but it was fun. We'll probably try a new class in January. Now that she is 3 there are more choices available at the YMCA...and they are very inexpensive and involve me being with her!

It was fun to see Karla running around, talking loudly, listening to her teacher and even helping clean up. She was comfortable and not sticking right beside me the whole time.

I started cracking up once during our class. During "circle time" we sometimes sing a song called "Shake Your Sillies Out". The first verse is "shake your sillies out" (we all shake our bodies around) and then the next verse is "nod your noddies out". Usually we just nod our head very dramatically. Well, today Karla nodded very big - looked like a bow - and then instead of saying "nod, nod, nod" she said "YOUR HIGHNESS". I started howling. Can you tell how much she is into princesses right now????

Then we went to Chik Fil A with Austin, Chase, and Jen. Karla played in the play-place for quite some time with Austin and another little girl and didn't call to me or want me standing right beside her. It is nice to see her have more confidence and independence...but then hard to believe she's that "old" already!

While in the play-place at Chik Fil A (yes pretty much the only "restaurant" I go to anymore) I heard two girls, probably at least a year older than Karla, playing. One said, "Lets play princesses". The other one said "yeah!". Next thing I know they are saying "Help us. We're stuck in the dungeon!" I chuckled because that is what Karla says A LOT around here. She hasn't seen the Disney movies but she has read some of the books and one of the Barbie movies has a "dungeon" scene. I NEVER say "lets pretend we're in a dungeon" so I was glad to hear it must just be something they latch on to for some reason!

Speaking of dungeons....Karla talks about witches a lot too. I think because they are the only "bad" characters on Dora. Anyway, whenever there is a lull in conversation lately she'll just say "There is a witch in my castle. She real mean." She didn't say this today, thank goodness but she said it MANY times over the previous several days. Karla has told Jason and I that she has a castle "real far away" and that she lives there, we are allowed to live there, as well as good crocodiles and the mean witch. I don't know where she gets this stuff!!

This afternoon we made a craft project together. I should have taken a picture! We made a Santa Claus. It was fun and I was impressed with her willingness to sit at the table and work so hard to glue shapes together and color them. We made two...after the first one she announced she wanted to make more.



I got out some "feet-y" pajamas for Karla. I didn't think she'd like them for some reason...I guess because she seems so much older to me this winter compared to last winter...well, she LOVES them!! The other morning she was wearing them with a hat for some reason. Looked nice and warm though.

No comments: