Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Preschool Open House

Today I got to go to preschool with Karla. It was an open house and we just stayed for an hour. It was just for play time/socializing. As soon as we got there I talked to Karla's teachers about her asthma since it has been extremely bad the past 2 weeks. Karla took off to play with some kids she recognized. She didn't care if I talked to other parents or went in a different room. She just did her own thing and played with the other kids. When it was time to go (and yes, we were one of the last families there) she said she was sad because she never wanted to leave. Then we got in the car and she said, "I'm just asking - (what she says when she thinks what she is about to say might not go over well with us) - when do I get to go to preschool without you?" I was able to tell her "tomorrow!" Made me happy and sad all at the same time. She is very excited for the big day tomorrow. I think I am too...

It is hard to know how to dress her. It was 98 on Saturday and then in the 60s earlier this week. I think it was in the 70s today. She is also not supposed to wear dresses to school so they don't have to worry about "nice" clothes getting dirty and so they can play on scooters and bikes without worrying about dresses getting stuck. I didn't realize it would be a bit challenging to find clothes that don't involve a dress or skirt. I still don't know what she is wearing tomorrow...

She found the dollhouses and people right away. They even had princesses for the dollhouse. I'm not going to post a few other pictures that I got since other kids are in them.

Right before we left the house. Oso stayed in the car while we were in school.

No comments: