Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lazy Afternoon

This afternoon I didn't feel like doing anything. I had plenty I could do but didn't want to do any of it.

Instead Karla and I had a great afternoon together building a tent and then playing in it for a couple hours. It was fun. We ate a snack in it, we played Go Fish in it, we played "house," and we pretended to be hiding from a giant which required whispering for quite a while. Karla has never really played with baby dolls (just used her stuffed animals as babies) but she used a baby doll in the tent today as my little sister. Karla was the mom. :) Oso was the baby's toy. It was nice that she wanted to play something "different" today. I started to take the camera out but Karla was adamant that there were not to be any pictures of the tent. I decided not to spoil our nice time together.

Jason had a meeting tonight so after dinner Karla and I made No-Bake Cookies. After we spooned them on to some wax paper to set, we each got a spoon and ate a couple of warm cookies. Karla was on my lap and it was just a relaxing time together. It made me think of when I used to do the same thing with those cookies with my mom! Grandma will be happy to find out Karla likes No-Bake cookies too!

I am thankful for afternoons like these!

No comments: