Monday, March 8, 2010

It has been a while

I've got several ideas for blog posts and some pictures to share....just haven't had the motivation since I got my cast off last Wednesday. I'll just say that February was a pretty difficult month. I'm glad it is over. I am really thankful for family and friends that helped me out. Having people bring us dinner and drive me a few places helped SO MUCH!!! I think I thought that if I "acted" like my surgery was no big deal, then it wouldn't be a big deal. But, darn it, my ligaments had other plans!

I had my first occupational therapy appointment tonight. I'm going to be going three times a week for the next 4 weeks. Fun. Then I see the doctor again. When they went in for surgery they discovered the ligament they were going to repair was completely torn...not just partially like they thought after seeing the MRI AND there was a second ligament that was partially torn. So I got a partial cast and now get to experience occupational therapy for the first time.

Enough about me! Karla is doing well. Saying new words everyday. Sometimes I don't even know where she has heard the word. The other day when she said "dangerous" I knew she must have heard that from me. :) About 3 days after my surgery she started falling down the stairs head first - from the very top. She did a complete 360 and miraculously I was on the stairs in front of her and CAUGHT her, mostly in my right arm, thank goodness. My mom was here and at the top of the stairs behind Karla and kept Karla from crying too much - and kept me from crying at all. I honestly thought I was going to pass out afterward! So, anyway, "dangerous" is a word I use a lot near the steps these days...and so does Karla. :)

Karla finished her swimming class on the 14th. She got "promoted" to the next level class. She is now an "eel". Her first lesson this session starts Wednesday. She loves swimming!!

We went to the Science Center for a couple hours this morning with some friends. Karla and her friend Sophia wanted to play alone and "didn't want me to watch". I was of course following them and keeping an eye on them. That is definitely the first time Karla has seemed like she didn't want me around. I didn't like how that felt. :) I want some independence but I'm not ready for "don't watch me". :)

I'll post pictures tomorrow!!!

No comments: