Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16th

One of my favorite days every year! This year was extra special because Karla was finally here, not just in our hearts but in person!

This morning Karla drew a picture, handed it to me and said "Happy Birthday Mommy". I asked Jason if he told her to do and say that and he said no. So, that was really sweet! Then I went and got a massage, followed by a quick trip to Starbucks.

Jason is off for the next several days. He is taking off a few long weekends this summer instead of one big week or so. He's calling it our "staycation" because we are just going to be doing things in the area. We had plenty of traveling last year.

Back to my day -
After lunch I got to open a present and some cards from Karla and Daddy. Jason said the gift was not only birthday but also to celebrate the fact that 10 years ago today he proposed to me! They had picked out a necklace for me. I was pretty surprised and excited! Wasn't that a sweet thought? :) I can't believe it has been 10 years because I can remember it like it was yesterday...and I can't be that old, right??

Next, Karla helped me mix up a cake. While she napped the cake baked and I got things ready to decorate the cake. I really wanted to make my own cake this year..and I wanted a Dora cake. :)

After K's nap I watched this for a while:

Then Grammy and Pap-Pap came over and we went to one of my favorite Mexican places for dinner. The waiters sang to me and I got a free dessert (that we all shared).

Then we came home and Jason had bought me fireworks...just what he, I mean I, always wanted. :) So we set off a few fireworks in the driveway.

Then we ate this cake! (I am too tired to figure out how to rotate this pic right now...will try later)

Grammy put on ALL the candles (don't count them) with Karla's help. Dora got a candle in the mouth and the eyes. It was pretty funny all lit up.


I got another present from the whole group. An organizer for my scrapbook stuff! I am excited and can't wait to start organizing!

I had some phone calls from friends and family today...it was just a great day! The best part had to be this....the two of us together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was just another fantastic day in a year of first celebrations
with our precious Karla. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the BEST daughter-in-law
we could ever have asked for!
We love you Jennifer!

Adriel Sovereign said...

What an amazing birthday celebration! You are an amazing person and a wonderful mom. I could see from your description endless smiles coming from your face the entire day. Happy Birthday (belated) Jennifer!!! Karla is a precious gift to your family and I love reading all your blogs.
Great job on the Dora cake.