CHOO CHOO!!!
Fascinated with a gingerbread cookie. We've been reading the "Gingerbread Man" story so she thought the cookie was quite interesting. She ended up just eating the cookie around the M&Ms - and of course the M&Ms!
Highlights from our week so far:
*This is the week Karla's doctor told us to cut her Pulmicort (drug in her nebulizer) in half. This makes "breathing treatment time" much shorter...and has made me slightly nervous this week. I just don't want her to get sick!
*Mammy and Pappy came to visit us - and of course we went and ate at Chik Fil A
*We went to Soergel's for the first time - as seen in the pictures above. Karla had fun but was actually a little afraid of the live animals they have there. It was almost dinner time for the animals and they all started making noise at the same time when one of the workers came out to the barn area. I'm not sure if the sudden noise scared her or how big the actual pig, sheep and donkey were. We didn't stay near the animals very long. However, she has talked about the animals everyday since Monday when we went.
*We went to the social security administration office to have Karla's name changed on her social security card.
*I don't think I've mentioned that I have continued to take Karla to my chiropractor appointments with me even though the first time back in December was traumatic for her. She has come to like going with me because of course the doctors fuss over her - and this week they had lollipops! This week the doctor gave Oso a (brief) "adjustment" before it was my turn. Later that night when Jason was home Karla laid Oso on the couch face down and started pushing on his back. Then she told me to lay down and she started pressing on my back! She said "adjustment". The word wasn't very clear but I knew exactly what she meant! Then she told Jason what she was doing. It was pretty funny.
*Karla and Daddy had another fun time at the pool the other night! This girl loves the water.
Jason is off for the next 4 days! Hooray! Oh, and Karla is HOME for her first 4th of July! Hooray, Hooray!
-----------------
I still read things online about adoption. I came across the following link and read some of what people considered "common adoption misconceptions" and I agree with most of the ones I read. Here is the link if you are interested.
http://adoptionvoices.com/forum/topics/what-is-a-common-misconception
No comments:
Post a Comment