Friday, May 18, 2012

Keeping Busy





Aunt Brenda and Kiera came to visit for about a week at the end of April.  Karla and I got to spend a lot of time with both of them and I think Karla really enjoyed it.  Me too!  Karla enjoyed being the "big kid" and playing a lot with her cousin.

Karla had a Spring Pageant at school.  She was a dove...she was a little put out because she thought her costume looked like a chicken.  :)   It was a cute performance and at the end all the kids came down to their moms and said "Happy Mother's Day" and presented us with some things they had made.  Karla handed her art work to me and then hugged me and said "Thank you so much for sending me to this school!"  I later asked her teacher if she had told them to say that and she said, no, she hadn't.  Karla has just loved preschool and it has been such a great experience for her.  She will be graduating from preschool next week!   She is sad about it right now but I have kept telling her that we will see all of her friends in the summer.





Today Karla and I went to the elementary school that she will be going to for orientation.  I have very mixed feelings about it and I think I was successful in "acting" happy and excited.  Once we got there though we did see some familiar faces and met some new people.  Karla had a good time and "made a new friend."  Afterwards she and I did one of her favorite things - went shoe shopping.  She knows what kind of sandal she wants and after going in at least 4 stores we still haven't found it!  I might try to do some online searching.  I don't really like shopping for shoes!   She is something else though! Wanted to look at accessories and lipstick.  Made me try on very high heeled shoes and told me which ones were fancy and which ones weren't.  Then when I tried on a pair she really liked she said, "You don't look like Mommy anymore!  You look like....like....Aunt Brenda!"   Not sure what to make of that but I'm taking it as a compliment.  :)  When asked if Aunt Brenda would wear these 6 inch heels all day, Karla assured me that yes, Tia, would. 

Karla turned 5 1/2 last week.  I still can't believe it!





We are looking forward to the summer.  The pool opens soon and Karla is going to take her first gymnastics class.

No comments: