Sunday, January 29, 2012

Grandpas


Karla had a great weekend! She had tons of Grandpa time! Saturday Jason was away for the day and my mom and I went to the mall. Karla got to stay home with Grandpa. When discussing plans earlier this week, Grandpa had told Karla on the phone that there was only one condition to staying with her for the day...she had to hug him once every hour. I didn't think much of this until Mom and I got home and my timer went off. He had set the timer and they had hugged every hour!!! Dad said he even got an extra hug at one point because Karla said they didn't have to wait until the timer every time. Aww!!

They played Polly Pockets, Barbies, watched TV, had a rest time, and made a gingerbread man cake! They waited to eat the cake until Mom and I got home...that was Karla's idea. Here they are eating the cake.


Mom and I were gone for quite a while and I had a lot of fun! I haven't gone shopping (other than for Christmases) like that in way too long!


Then today I got to go shopping with Kathy and my Mom-in-law for bridesmaids dresses! Jason was under the weather so Pap-pap got the job of "watching over" Karla. She prefers "watching over" to "babysitting" - probably because of the word "baby" in babysitting. Pap-pap got to play Polly Pockets and Barbies and Hi Ho Cherry-O!

I had another great day of shopping! The dresses are narrowed down and I am excited about getting to dress up! Plus it was fun to talk to Kathy and Mom all afternoon about all the exciting things coming up this year!

I didn't take any pics today of Pap-pap with Karla...sorry, don't know what was wrong with me. Maybe I should dig out the one of him getting a manicure from Karla last year.... :)

No comments: