Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First Family Trip to the Beach (Part 2)

I forgot to mention in my first vacation post that the other 2 families from our church left right after General Assembly (Day 4). That was disappointing because Karla started to feel better that day and all the other kids had to go home. We were glad to have time as a family too though. We decided to stay over the weekend to make it a vacation for Jason too!

Fun at the pool:

Beach reading and snacking:
Our hotel is directly behind us in this picture.

Working hard:

Day 6
When we were getting ready for dinner Karla asked if we could go back to the seafood restaurant for dinner because she really wanted some clams. We had to explain that last night's dinner was a special treat and we were not going back to that restaurant again on this trip.

The past few nights - on days she hasn't napped due to illness - she has fallen asleep almost immediately upon sitting in her car seat when we drive somewhere for dinner. Jason has carried her into restaurants sound asleep. Playing in the sun wears a girl out!

Today we spent a lot of time at the beach and then some time at the hotel pools. The hotel has 3 pools, a lazy river, and water slides. Karla went down one of the two water slides a few days ago when Jason was at his convention. I was really surprised she wanted to but I think she had seen some of the other kids she knew going down and wanted to try it. She did it once and she and I laughed and laughed afterward (because of the face she made while sliding down) but she has not wanted to try it again. She does prefer the pool to the ocean for some reason. She does enjoy playing in the sand though!

On the first day or two here Karla kept saying she missed her toys, liked her home and missed her Grammy, Pap-Pap, Mammy, Pappy, Grandma, Grandpa, Mammaw, Peepaw, Tio Eric, Tia Beth, etc....naming everyone in her family! Today she has been saying she doesn't want to go home!


Day 7
We drove home today. The DVD wasn't working which made us a little nervous because Karla had used it on the way down. However, she did not ask for it once! We only made two stops and she -again- never complained!! I had bought 2 new activities for her to do in the car and brought lots of car activities and we didn't even use half of it. Never even opened the new stuff! I was really proud of her. She seemed more patient on the way home than Jason and I did.



We've been home for over a week already now! Of course I got whatever bug Karla had on the way home and didn't feel too great last week...so last week is kind of a blur. We've been enjoying summer this week in some hot weather! Playdates, playgrounds and the pool! I'm ready for bed when Karla goes to bed. :)

No comments: