Karla's favorite "animal" has been a bat for quite some time now. She also likes tarantulas, scorpions and snakes. She has spent a lot of time at the reptile house at the zoo. I don't know why these are her favorite animals because they certainly aren't mine! Then this summer we've had a bat in our deck umbrella! She's named him "Flower." And no, I will not be opening that umbrella anytime soon! That is Jason's job now. She and Jason go out and look for him while I watch from inside the house!
One day Karla talked me into coming out to see Flower. This is Karla telling me to come out on the deck. She had her arm around me, her hand on my face, and was saying "It is okay, Mommy. Don't be scared. Look, he's nice." This is me pretending to be brave.
Of course when it decided to fly away it flew right at me and I couldn't be "brave" anymore. I literally hit the deck....and may have yelled. :)
Karla and Jason thought it was great! I'm staying inside from now on...
No comments:
Post a Comment