Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 5

I had been thinking about this at the beginning of last week...even the week before last. Then towards the end of this past week I just forgot! Maybe it was the blizzard. TWO years ago on Feb 5, 2008 we met and held Karla for the first time.

I remember the trip to the airport that day. It was so snowy and icy. We had trouble getting to the airport. Usually I get scared when the roads are that bad. Not that day. I was just determined. I remember thinking that there was NOTHING that would be able to stop me from getting to Guatemala that day. I'd walk if I had to, or possibly sprout wings and fly myself....okay, so that was pushing it...at the time I thought I could probably do it though. :)

First photo with the 3 of us, taken minutes after we first saw Karla.

First few minutes back in our hotel room. Karla was a little nervous....and she just clung to me. That was fine with me! :) Truth be told, I was nervous too.

Karla and Daddy being silly by the pool. :) Love them!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh...I remember seeing these photos in your little photo book at CI. Amazing where two years will (finally) get you!