Last week we had our first official family trip to get ice cream. We went to one of Jason and my favorite places - King Cone Castle. Karla had a great time! I had fun just watching her!
Hmmm...what flavor should we get?
I'm not wasting a bite of this!
Last week was a bit stressful. Karla hurt her arm one evening and then the next morning wasn't using her arm at all and was clinging to Jason when he went to leave for work so we were both very worried. Luckily, a little Tylenol and some Pap-Pap time healed her arm right up! (yep, I had to call Pap-Pap on his first day off for the summer so he could calm me down) And yes, Karla's parents were both overly worried about her and took longer to recover than she did.
Then Wednesday Karla had a fever. It hit her pretty suddenly and then I noticed she was having difficulty breathing. I got nervous because it was the first time that has happened when I was here by myself. Usually Jason has been home. Anyway, after some albuterol in her nebulizer her breathing was okay. We did lots of laying around and cuddling that day...so it wasn't all bad. :)
Thursday Karla and I stayed home again for her to continue to recuperate. By Friday I was ready to get out of the house. The weather didn't look too great outside so I decided we were going to go to Fun Fore All where there is an indoor play area for kids. We had a great time! It took a while for Karla to warm up and get adventurous but she did! This picture is on a bridge that is 4 stories above ground. I felt a little shaky being up so high (I refused to jump on the bridge with her) but she thought it was great.
I have been meaning to post the following picture from our trip - I think it has been 2 weeks already - to Chik Fil A with Mammy and Pappy.

Saturday we went to visit my family for the day to celebrate Grandpa's birthday. We've been there several times since Karla has been home but this was the easiest and smoothest trip! Usually it takes a few days to get her back to normal with sleeping once she gets off her usual routine. This time she took a nap at Grandma and Grandpa's! We've tried before but she just cried...well, screamed...and that made me feel so mean. Anyway, she went right to bed last night, slept all night last night, and we had no problems today either. Whew!
She had a great time playing with her cousins, singing "Happy Birthday" and eating cake!
I was just going to sit down and write a few things...and now I can think of even more to write. Enough for tonight though!
I uploaded more pictures to flickr the other day so be sure to check them out!
No comments:
Post a Comment